Bathroom Installation in Birmingham, Solihull & the West Midlands
Specialist Design & Build provides a bathroom installation service on a supply-and-fit and bespoke design basis in Birmingham, Solihull and throughout the West Midlands. Whether our customers want to add new en-suite facilities as part of a home development project or they simply want to replace a dated bathroom with a sleek new installation, we provide complete project management from start to finish. Our professional team works with over two decades of trade and industry experience as well as various industry-leading credentials such as NICEIC certification, Gas Safe registration and membership with the Federation of Master Builders.
When it comes to safe bathroom installations with outstanding levels of workmanship and customer service, Specialist Design & Build remains the building contractor of choice for discerning homeowners.
From our base in Birmingham, we provide a bathroom installation service that includes:
- Free, No-Obligation Estimates
- Extensive Design & Planning
- Use of Premium Quality Materials
- Disposal of Old Bathroom Components
- New Bathroom Installation
- Work in Compliance with Building Regulations
If you’re interested in undertaking a bathroom installation with a locally trusted building contractor, please call us on 07875 469 510 or 07912 345 650.
With both standard and bespoke options, we have the ability to realise any bathroom vision or concept.
What to Expect During a Bathroom Installation
Bathroom installations differ from job to job, but our services in Birmingham, Solihull and the neighbouring areas always follow these essential steps.
- After agreeing upon a design for the new bathroom, be it a traditional look or a contemporary design, our team arrives promptly at our clients’ property on the arranged date. Before starting any work, we lay carpet protectors along our access route through the house. Having done this, we then turn off the bathroom’s water supply and drain the central heating system.
- We then go about removing the components of the old bathroom, including the bath, shower, bath screen, shower tray, toilet and sink. Our clients can rest assured that these items get disposed of responsibly at the appropriate facility. We then safely disconnect electrical connections before capping them off.
- Following this, our team goes about removing the tiling. When complete, the bathroom resembles little more than an empty shell of a room. At this point of the bathroom installation, we assess the condition of the windows and walls. In the best-case scenarios, there is little-to-no damage and work can continue as planned. In worst-case scenarios, these surfaces have suffered significant damage over the years and must be repaired before any planned work resumes.
- When the planned bathroom installation continues, the next step includes carrying out the first fix electrics. This work involves running cables for the relevant electrical fixtures such as ceiling spotlights, extractor fans, shaver sockets and underfloor heating.
- In our role as building contractor, we then re-board the walls with a water-resistant plasterboard. At this point of the bathroom installation, we also chase out the hot and cold pipes for showers as well as those for additional features like heated towel racks.
- Our team then performs the first fix plumbing at the site in Birmingham or the surrounding areas. This involves running waste pipework and new supply pipework to and from the relevant points of new bathroom suite items.
- A member of our team then prepares the walls for a new tiling installation. We start with the preliminary task of ‘tanking’ the walls, increasing resistance against water ingress. Tiling over the required areas then follows.
- After over-boarding the floor, we lay the floor tiles. When both these and the wall tiles have set, we apply grout and sealant.
- The final stages of bathroom installation projects include the second fix electrics, joinery and second fix plumbing. These services usually involve the fitting of ceiling spotlights and pull cords, extractor fans, shaver sockets, showers and screens, toilets and cisterns, basins and taps as well as cabinets and final fixtures like blinds and toilet roll holders.
If you are considering multiple home improvement projects in the near future, our services as a building contractor in Birmingham, Solihull and the West Midlands also include kitchen installations, loft conversions and house extensions.